This pasta is a simple weeknight dinner that is made using the Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan dressing and chicken in the slow cooker.
After the chicken and garlic parmesan sauce simmer for about 4 hours, you add your favorite pasta shape and dinner is ready!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta ingredients
This recipe uses a whole bottle of the Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan dressing. This sauce is garlicky with a hint of heat.
Some of the recipes on TikTok, use milk but others use heavy whipping cream. The later helps tame the heat in the Garlic Parmesan sauce.
Another one of the ingredients is cream cheese. This ingredients adds a tangy note and cuts though the richness of the garlic parm sauce.
Grated parmesan elevates the flavor of the sauce and binds together all the flavors.
Feel free to use your favorite cut of chicken; it will work well with both chicken breast and skinless and boneless chicken thighs.
For pasta, any shape will work. Penne, Rotini and Fettuccine are all great options.
Step by Step instructions
This recipe is a slow cooker or crockpot recipe. You will let the chicken cook in the Garlic Parmesan sauce with the grated parmesan and cream cheese.
This is a set-it-and-forget-it kind of recipe which is perfect for busy weeknights.
The pasta is cooked separately, but it doesn't take long. Prepare the pasta per package instructions until al dente.
Once the chicken is cooked, stir well. If left on low for more than four hours, the sauce might separate and some of the oil will move to the top. Just stir well until the sauce is combined.
Add the cooked pasta and serve. Add more parmesan and basil. We also added cooked broccoli to serve and it was a great addition.
Storage and reheating instructions
This pasta keeps well in the fridge stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
I do not recommend freezing this pasta because of the dairy.
To reheat, use a skillet with a splash of milk or cream on low heat until warmed though.
Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 1 bottle Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan sauce
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 16 Ounces Penne pasta
- Place the chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker pot2 chicken breast
- Pour the garlic parmesan sauce on top of the chicken1 bottle Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan sauce
- Pour the heavy cream in the bottle of garlic parmesan sauce to "clean it up" by shaking well. Pour it on top of the chicken
- Add the cream cheese and parmesan and cook on low heat for 4 hours
- Stir the sauce well and shred the chicken. Mix until well incorporated.
- Cook the pasta per package instructions until al dente
- Add the cooked pasta to the chicken in the slow cooker and stir until well combined
- serve immediately, top with parmesan cheese and basil (optional)
Can you use frozen chicken breasts?
I haven't tried it with frozen chicken, I might be too much liquid.
I always use the frozen chicken breasts and it tastes fine
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback.