This sandwich recipe by Bella Hadid went viral on TikTok for a good reason; it is full of irresistible Italian flavors and textures.
If you loved my version of the TikTok Grinder Sandwich, you will definitely love this one.
This recipe requires a few ingredients and steps; we need to make a salad dressing and an aioli. But it is worth the time and effort to prep these to build the sandwich.
These sandwich has three basic components; a lettuce and onion salad with balsamic and olive oil dressing, a basil aioli and the meat and cheese combo.
- Bread: In this recipe we are using a french baguette. I bought the take and bake French Bread Rolls because I want to be able to control how crunchy the bread gets. You want a piece of bread that has texture but not something that will be hard to chew.
- Meats: She used Turkey and Salami but feel free to add or substitute for your favorite cold cuts of deli meat.
- Cheese: In this recipe she uses provolone cheese which is mild and work well with the other flavors.
- Red Onion: A flavor-packed allium that is perfect for salads with vinegar or acidic elements.
- Iceberg lettuce: This one adds a ton of freshness and texture to the sandwich, it gives a nice crunchy bite.
Balsamic Glaze and Olive Oil Dressing
- Olive oil: Use a nice aromatic oil to make the base for the salad dressing. I like using EVO.
- Balsamic glaze: This is a balsamic vinegar reduction that is delicious in Caprese Salads. It adds a touch of acidity and sweetness to the dressing.
- Oregano: Dried oregano gets hydrated in the oil dressing and releases the aroma and delicious flavor.
- Basil: dried Italian basil to add a herby touch that brings together all the flavors in the dressing.
- Chili flakes: These add a little bit of heat to the dressing. You can leave them out if you don't like spicy.
- Lemon: The citrus notes are a nice touch of freshness to the salad dressing.
- Red Wine vinegar: To add brightness to the dressing and cut through the basil aioli in the sandwich.
Basil Aioli Recipe
- Mayo: This is the base for our creamy aioli.
- Fresh Basil: This ingredient adds a touch of freshness to the aioli.
- Mustard: Add a little bit of heat and a distinct punch and pairs well with the mayo.
- Garlic: I personally love garlic but I think for the aioli roasted garlic is best for a milder flavor.
- Pepperoncini peppers: These are Italian yellow peppers that are mild in heat and slightly sweet. These are jar pickled peppers and you will find them in most supermarkets.
- Beefsteak tomatoes: These are perfect for sandwiches. Use red or orange tomatoes.
Step by Step Instructions
Start by making your salad dressing and the aioli. These will need to chill in the fridge for a bit.
Cut the pepperoncini peppers into slices. Finely chop the lettuce and dice the onion into a small dice.
Dress the lettuce and onion mix with the olive oil dressing, add a splash of lemon and red wine vinegar.
Slice the bread lengthwise and add a layer of the chopped pepperoncinis to one side and a layer of the basil aioli on the other side.
Place the turkey, salami and provolone cheese, add the sliced tomatoes (add a pinch of salt on top) and close the the sandwich.
Slice in half and enjoy.
Bella Hadid Sandwich Recipe
- 1 French Baguette
- 4 Slices Deli Turkey
- 4 Slices Italian Salami
- 4 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 4 Slices Red Tomato
- ⅓ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic minced or grated in a microplane
- 2 Tablespoons Basil Fresh, chopped. About 5 basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic glaze
- 1 teaspoon Oregano dried
- ¼ teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 2 cups Iceberg lettuce shredded
- ¼ cup Red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the mayo, mustard and basil. Add the grated garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste⅓ cup Mayonnaise, 1 Clove Garlic, 2 Tablespoons Basil, 1 teaspoon Mustard
- Set aside in the fridge
- Add the olive oil, balsamic glaze, oregano, red wine vinegar, lemon juice2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, 1 teaspoon Balsamic glaze, 1 teaspoon Oregano, 1 teaspoon Red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Whisk together and set aside while you toast the french bread.
- When ready to assemble the sandwich, mix the diced onion, lettuce and the dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.2 cups Iceberg lettuce, ¼ cup Red onion
- Toast your bread until warmed up and lightly golden. Slice in half lengthwise1 French Baguette
- Layer the pepperoncinis on one side of your bread and add a layer of basil aioli on the other side.
- Layer 2 slices each of turkey, cheese and salami on one side of the bread.4 Slices Italian Salami, 4 Slices Provolone Cheese, 4 Slices Deli Turkey
- Add 2 slices of tomato per sandwich with a pinch of salt and pepper on top4 Slices Red Tomato
- Add the lettuce mixture
- Close the sandwich and enjoy