These Halloween Chocolate Covered Strawberries are an easy treat that is cute, spooky and delicious.
I love adding fruits and veggies to Halloween treats to make them a tad healthier.
These chocolate covered strawberries are perfect for your next Halloween gathering.
Ingredients for Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Strawberries: Use fresh strawberries for this recipe, frozen ones do not work well for this recipe.
- White chocolate: You can use white chocolate or milk/dark chocolate depending on the design you want to do in your strawberries. For these ghost-looking strawberries, white chocolate is a must.
- Milk chocolate: this one will help you create your design. I used it in this case to make the eyes on the strawberries.
These strawberries are such a simple treat that they are perfect to get the kids involved in the making process.
Step by step process
The first step is to wash and dry the strawberries well. This will make the chocolate stick better to the strawberries.
Melt the chocolate in a Bain-Marie, this mean in a hot water bath by using a stainless steel bowl over a boiling pot of water. Stir the chocolate constantly until melted.
You could also melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, making sure to stir the chocolate well and avoid burning it.
Hold the strawberries by the stem and carefully dip them in the chocolate until they are almost fully coated.
If you prefer a thicker chocolate shell, you can dip the strawberries one more time after the first coat has set.
This recipe does not keep well for long. The strawberries soften and start "sweating" once they have been dipped in the chocolate, that is why I highly suggest to enjoy them ASAP.
If you need to make them ahead of time, be aware that they might be a little soggy.
Strawberries have a high water content and this causes condensation between the fruit and the chocolate.
To store them, place a paper towel at the bottom fo an air-tight container and store them in a single layer.
Halloween Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- ¼ cup Milk chocolate wafers (melting chocolate)
- 1 cup White chocolate wafers (melting chocolate)
- 1 pint Strawberries
- Wash and dry the strawberries and set aside
- Melt the white chocolate in a Bane-Marie or in the microwave in 30 second intervals until fully melted
- Melt the milk chocolate in a Bane-Marie or in the microwave in 30 second intervals until fully melted
- Dip the strawberries in the white chocolate, swirling them until almost fully coated
- Place the strawberries on a plate lined with parchment paper
- Let the chocolate set for a few minutes and add the dots of milk chocolate to create the eyes on the strawberry ghost
- Serve and enjoy immediately