This Air Fryer Garlic Bread is a quick and delicious recipe featuring roasted garlic, butter and Italian bread.
It is perfect as a starter or side dish for your pasta dishes. It goes well with Casarecce with Beef Bolognese.
Ingredients for Garlic Bread
This recipe uses very simple and few ingredients. Most of the ingredients I always have on hand so I love to make this recipe often.
- Garlic: I like to use a fresh garlic bulb to roast. If you use minced garlic, the flavor will be a little stronger. Roasting the garlic first, yields a sweet, mild garlic flavor.
- Olive oil: I like to use a mild olive oil to roast the garlic, avocado oil works well too.
- Italian bread: This is my favorite kind of bread to use but feel free to use a baguette, sourdough or a high quality crusty bread.
- Butter: I like to use unsalted butter for this recipe so I can control the flavor better.
- Cheese: This is optional but I love adding a melty cheese such as mozzarella to my bread.
- Garnish: You can use any herbs you like for garnish. Basil and parsley are excellent, they add a pop of color and more flavor to this recipe.
First you need to roast the garlic. Cut the top of the garlic bulb to expose its cloves.
Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Wrap it in aluminum foil and roast in the air fryer for 20 minutes at 350 Fahrenheit.
Let it rest for 15-20 minutes. The garlic should be translucent and soft, you should be able to squish the garlic cloves out of the bulb.
Slice the bread and spread a layer of butter on top.
Then add the roasted garlic and cheese and place it in the air fryer basket at 350 Fahrenheit for 5 minutes until the bread is crispy and the cheese is melted.
For this recipe I like my bread to be soft to the bite but have a bit of crunch too. You can let it cook longer if you want a crispier (crostini) bread.
If you have any leftovers you can store them in a sealable bag and refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
To reheat, use the lowest temperature on your air fryer and heat it up for 5 minutes. I don't recommend microwaving the bread as it will turn out soggy.
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 Loaf Italian bread
- 1 Garlic bulb
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons Butter at room temperature if possible
- Cut the top of the garlic bulb to expose its cloves.1 Garlic bulb
- Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and wrap in aluminum foil.1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, Salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the garlic in the air fryer at 350 Fahrenheit for 20 minutes until the cloves are soft and translucent.
- Cut the bread into ½ inch slices1 Loaf Italian bread
- Spread about ½ tablespoon of butter on each bread slice, covering all the surface of the bread on one side.3 tablespoons Butter
- Add one to two cloves of roasted garlic and lightly mash them on the bread and spread them well.1 Garlic bulb
- Cut the cheese slices in half and place two pieces on top of each slice of bread. You can also use shredded cheese5 slices Mozzarella cheese
- Place the bread in the air fryer in a single layer and toast for 5 minutes at 350 Fahrenheit until the cheese melts