These Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Heavy Cream use the viral TikTok Hack to create amazing tasting canned cinnamon rolls.
Here is the recipe if you want to try the original TikTok Cinnamon Rolls before jazzing them up with pumpkin flavor.
In this recipe, we combine this amazing cooking hack with the flavor flavor of fall season; pumpkin.
These roll turn out moist, fluffy and with a delicious warming pumpkin flavor.
Tik Tok Inspired Cinnamon Rolls
Adding heavy cream to canned cinnamon rolls became wildly popular on TikTok because this hack really works!
This recipe uses minimal ingredients and effort to turn a can of cinnamon rolls (any brand works!) into a gooey cinnamon roll.
Cinnamon Roll Icing
In my original TikTok Cinnamon Rolls, I made a brown butter cream cheese icing that elevates the cinnamon rolls to the next level.
I highly encourage you to make this icing. Making brown butter takes about 5 minutes and it is totally worth it.
Brown butter adds a caramel-nutty flavor to the icing that makes it unique and delicious.
You can always use the icing that comes with the canned cinnamon rolls but making your own is much better.
What does heavy cream do to cinnamon rolls?
Heavy cream adds moisture to the dough. Since heavy cream is high on fat, it helps with making the cinnamon rolls fluffy and extra moist.
You could also use half and half on this recipe but if you are going for a Cinnabon-copycat, use heavy cream instead.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Heavy Cream
- 1 can cinnamon rolls
- 2 Tablespoons Pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup condensed milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup melted butter divided
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit or the temperature call for in the can of cinnamon rolls
- In bowl mix the pumpkin puree, condensed milk and heavy cream
- Place the cinnamon rolls in a baking dish and pour the pumpkin mixture on top top
- In a separate bowl, mix ¼ of the melted butter with the ½ cup of sugar
- Put the sugar mix on top of the cinnamon rolls and bake for 18 minutes covered with aluminum foil
- While the rolls are baking, make the cream cheese frosting by mixing the cream cheese, ¼ cup of melted butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until the mix is uniform in texture
- Remove the rolls from the oven and add the cream cheese frosting, serve and enjoy