These TikTok cinnamon rolls with heavy cream hack is truly life-changing.
Upgrade your store-bought cinnamon rolls with heavy cream and they will taste better than home made rolls. If you love cinnamon rolls, try the Cookie Monster Cinnamon Roll.
Why you will love this recipe
In this recipe I'm combining the viral cinnamon roll hack with some of my personal favorite tips to elevate the flavor and texture of your cinnamon rolls.
Let's be honest, cinnamon rolls made from scratch are time consuming and sometimes we just need a sweet treat now. Using store-bought dough you don't need to wait!
Steps to make this recipe
For this recipe there are few steps but they are quick and they yield amazing flavor, so I highly recommend you follow the recipe, however I provide shortcuts if you wish to take them.
To make the rolls extra buttery, like those at the mall or the ones we make from scratch, we will make a melted butter and sugar mix.
But instead of just simply microwaving the butter to melt it, I urge to make "brown butter" by melting the butter on a pan in the stove over medium heat until the butter develops brown speckles.
Brown butter is rich in flavor and adds a note of caramelization that is hard to replicate. It is the best, so I encourage you to take the extra 5 minutes to make it.
For this recipe you will need few ingredients. I like to make my own cream cheese icing but you can use the icing on the cinnamon roll package.
- Cinnamon rolls: Any brand works. I used the regular size rolls.
- Heavy whipping cream: This is one of the ingredients that will transform the rolls and make them extra soft and pillowy.
- Butter: Unsalted butter to make the topping mixture and to make the cream cheese icing.
- Cream cheese: There is no better icing for cinnamon rolls, upgrade the simple sugar/water icing for this cream cheese and brown butter icing for the best tasting cinnamon rolls ever.
- Brown sugar and cinnamon: to add extra flavor to our rolls.
TikTok Cinnamon Rolls with Heavy Cream
- 1 can cinnamon rolls (8 rolls)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream I use shamrock farms
- 1 Stick of butter (½ cup melted) divided
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
For the cream cheese icing
- 4 Ounces cream cheese ½ block of cream cheese
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven per cinnamon roll package instructions. Mine was at 400 Fahrenheit
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter over medium low heat until it bubbles and turns amber in color, remove from the heat inmediately. It will yield ½ cup of melted butter
- In a bowl, add the brown sugar and cinnamon and pour half of the butter (about ¼ cup). Reserve the other half for the icing.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in the baking dish and pour the heavy cream. Then add the butter and sugar mixture on top of the rolls and spread evenly
- Bake the rolls per package instructions. I baked mine for 18 minutes.
Make the icing
- While the rolls bake, make the icing by combining the cream cheese, confectioners sugar and brown butter in a bowl and using a hand mixer, beat it until creamy
- Add the icing to the cinnamon rolls after they are out of the oven and cool down for a couple of minutes
- Serve the rolls and enjoy