These viral TikTok Tacos use the famous Ro*Tel® Tomatoes and a Doritos taco shell and they are delicious.
Why you will love these tacos
These tacos are simply full of flavor. From the shell to the meat to the tasty queso made with Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies. Every bite is a packs a ton of flavor.
If you love these flavors, try my Smoked Queso for a great dip.
To make these viral tacos you will need these ingredients.
- Ground beef: I like lean beef but use your favorite kind.
- Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies: I like the original or mild.
- Velveeta®: This will add extra cheesiness to the recipe and make it decadent.
- Tacos seasoning: I used store bought. I like the Trader Joe's brand. Please keep in mind that each seasoning will have different levels of heat and salt.
- Seasoned taco shells: Use the nacho flavor shells, they taste just like Doritos.
- Lettuce: For crunch and a pop of freshness.
- Other toppings: Get creative and use your favorite taco toppings. Cheese, sour cream and cilantro are great basics.
1. Brown the beef
Using the taco seasoning, cook the beef until fully browned. Taste for seasoning and adjust if you need to.
Keep in mind that we are using flavored taco shells so they are also salty. You don't need a ton of seasoning in the beef.
2. Make the Ro*Tel® queso
Using the Velveeta® and Ro*Tel® tomatoes in a sauce pan combine them until the cheese melts.
Do not drain the tomatoes, their juice will help to thin out the cheese sauce.
3. Assemble the tacos
Layer a bed of lettuce, add the beef, cheese sauce and top with your favorite taco toppings. I used sour cream and cilantro and it was a great pop of brightness for these tacos.
Storage and reheating
You can store the ground beef in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you already built the tacos, eat them as soon as possible as the shells will get soggy as time goes by.
You can store the queso sauce separately and re heat in a sauce pan as needed. Add a splash of milk to help thin it out a bit.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 can rotel tomatoes with juices 10 ounces
- 8 ounces Velveeta ½ block
- 10 nacho cheese taco shells
- 2 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Cilantro for garnish
- Add the beef and taco seasoning to a skillet and cook until fully browned. Break it up into small pieces as the beef cooks. I did not drain the fat of my beef as I used a lean ratio of 97/3. I you want you can drain some fat of.
- In a sauce pan, over medium heat add the Velveeta and Ro*Tel® tomatoes with its juices. Cook until the cheese melts for about 10 minutes
- Add a layer of lettuce to the taco shell, add a couple of spoonfuls of beef and top with the Velveeta sauce. Top with sour cream, cilantro and your favorite toppings.
- I used 97/3 ratio lean beef so I didn't drain any fat. If you use a higher fat ratio beef you can drain some of the fat after cooking.
Hello, this might be a dumb question lol, but did you drain the fat from the meat after frying it?
Hi, I did not drain the fat, I used 97/3 so it was pretty lean. Will clarify in my post.