These air fryer salmon bites went viral on TikTok because they are so easy to make and delicious, perfect for a weeknight dinner.
This recipe is highly nutritious! It's a protein and nutrient-packed recipe that is perfect for an easy lunch or dinner.
Cutting the salmon into small bite-size pieces makes it so flavorful because the marinade clings to more of the fish surface.
This recipe is ready quickly! Because we are using bite-size pieces they cook so fast and dinner is ready in no time!
These is what you will need to make these salmon bites. I love to serve them in a bowl with avocado, diced cucumber, rice and arugula. I set some of the marinade aside to use it as a drizzle.
- Salmon: I'm using sockeye, skin-on salmon. You can easily remove the skin after the salmon is cooked if you don't like to eat it.
- Mayonnaise: This is the base of the marinade for this salmon bites. I like using Japanese mayo because it is extra creamy but use your favorite mayo.
- Sriracha: This will give the sauce a little spicy kick. You can use as much or as little as you want.
- Sweet Thai chili sauce: It adds a little hint of sweetness to the marinade and it balances the out the heat from the Sriracha.
- Soy sauce: This ingredients adds umami flavor that compliments the salmon.
Here is an overview of the recipe. Full ingredient amounts and cooking times are listed at the bottom in the recipe card.
Start by making the marinade. Combine the mayo, sriracha, sweet Thai chili sauce and soy sauce.
Reserve some of the marinade to use as a drizzle.
Cut the salmon into bite size pieces about 1 inch thick. Place them in a bowl and cover them with the marinade.
Let the salmon sit in the marinade for about 10 minutes.
Line your air fryer with some aluminum foil or use a small baking dish that can fit in your air fryer and place the salmon bites in a single layer with skin side up.
Cook until the skin starts to crisp up. Remove from the air fryer and place in a bowl over rice and arugula. You can remove the skin from the salmon bites.
Add sliced avocado, diced cucumber and the marinade we set aside.
Garnish with sesame seeds or Furikake, a mix of sesame seeds, salt, sugar, and nori, I buy mine at Trader Joe's.
Storage and reheating instructions
These salmon bites reheat well in the air fryer, you can spray a little bit of avocado oil to avoid drying up the fish.
To store, place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
TikTok Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- 1 Air Fryer
- 2 Salmon fillets skin on
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise Kew Pie Japanese Mayo
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Soy sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Sriracha or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine the mayo, sweet Thai chili sauce, soy sauce and sriracha. Mix well and reserve about ¼ of the mix for garnish.
- Cut the salmon into 1 inch cubes. Cover them with the mayo mix and let them sit for 10 minutes in the fridge.
- Place them in a baking dish that fits your air fryer or line your air fryer with aluminum foil.
- Place the salmon skin side up and air fry at 350 Fahrenheit.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes until the salmon skin starts getting crispy.
- Serve over rice, add diced cucumber, avocado and Furikake.