If you want to make the best homemade dinner rolls, this easy brioche dough is all you need.
What is Brioche Bread
Brioche bread is a sweet and buttery bread made with flour, milk, and yeast. These simple ingredients are probably already in your pantry.
Brioche bread has a soft, pillowy texture which makes it a great bread to accompany dinner.
Brioche dough is very versatile and can be used in many baked goods including donuts. I have a recipe for Dulce de Leche donuts that uses this same dough.
After you make these, you won't go back to store-bought dinner rolls. These homemade dinner rolls are easy and delicious.
What do you need to make homemade dinner rolls?
This recipe uses ingredients that are simple to find and most likely they are already in your pantry or fridge.
Butter, flour, eggs, milk, and yeast are the ingredients you need to make this recipe. All you need is a bit of time and patience.
This dough is a perfect make-ahead recipe because you can proof (let rise) it overnight in the fridge. But you can also proof it at room temperature for about 3-4 hours until your dough doubles in size.
If you have leftover rolls, you can take the top off and put them in a food processor to make seasoned bread crumbs.
With the rest of the rolls, you can make a delicious bread pudding casserole. That recipe is coming next.
Homemade dinner rolls
- ¼ ounce active dry yeast 1 packet
- 1 cup whole milk, luke warm
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 ¾ cup flour 565 grams
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter at room temperature 90 grams
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- Heat up the milk in low heat for about 2 mins. Do not let it boil.add the packet (7 grams) of active dry yeast and half of the sugar (21 grams). Stir gently and let it sit for about 20 minutes. It will start to get foamy.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the flour, salt and remaining sugar. Add your foamy yeast mix and start your mixer on low until ingredients are well incorporated. Mix for about 5 minutes.
- Start incorporating the butter one tablespoon at a time. Let the dough absorb the butter before adding additional pieces. This process will take between 7-10 minutes.
- Once all butter is incorporated, let the dough rest. Use a glass bowl that is well oiled. Cover with plastic wrap. I let it proof overnight in the friedge but you can let it proof at room temperature for 4 hours until the dough has doubled in size.
Roll your dough on a well-floured surface. Dough should be about 1 inch thick.Cut it into rounds and let it proof a second time (about 20 minutes)
- Place the dough balls in a baking dish. I like to arrange them close together and sprinkle a little bit of seasoning on top. I love to use onion seasoning and bruch them with a little bit of butter.
- Bake rolls at 350 for 20 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Let the rolls cool down and brush them with more butter. Serve and Enjoy