This blended Margarita recipe uses a handful of fresh ingredients and yields the most refreshing drink.
What is a blended Margarita?
You can serve Margaritas in different ways; over ice (on the rocks), with fruit and ice (blended) or strained through a cocktail shaker.
A blended Margarita usually has some sort of fruit to add a thick consistency to the drink. My favorites are mango and strawberry because they compliment the citrus flavor of the lime very well.
For this recipe using high quality ingredients is important. The most important is a good tasting silver tequila and fresh limes.
- Silver tequila: Also know as tequila blanco, this kind of tequila has not been aged and has a fresh and punchy taste.
- Limes: Use fresh lime juice in your drink, it will elevate the flavor and yield a fresh tasting drink.
- Strawberries: This is one of my favorite way to flavor my Margaritas. If you want a plain Margarita just leave them out.
- Salt: I like to use a good tequila salt to rim my glass. You can also use a spicy blend like Chile lime powder.
How to make a blender Margarita
For best results making a blender Margarita you need a high-power blender such as Vitamix.
I own a Margaritaville Margarita maker and I love how it shaves the ice finely for a perfect blended margarita.
You will need ice and the Margarita mix-ins and tequila, blend until smooth and adjust flavor to your taste.
Blended Margarita Recipe
For the simple syrup
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Boiling water
- 1 ounce Tequila silver
- 2 Limes
- 4 Strawberries
- ½ cup Ice
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup recipe follows
Make the simple syrup
- Mix the sugar and boiling water, whisk well and let it sit at room temperature.½ cup Sugar, ½ cup Boiling water
- Add the ice, strawberries, lime juice, tequila and simple syrup.1 ounce Tequila, 2 Limes, 4 Strawberries, ½ cup Ice
- Blend well until fully combined and serve immediately
Leave a Reply