Christmas at The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is undoubtedly the best family event in town. Here is an in-depth review with all the details about the 2023 event.
What is Christmas at The Princess?
Christmas at the Princess is a family-friendly event at The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess hotel from November 17th 2023 through January 6th 2024.
The hotel grounds transform into a dreamy Christmas scene with lights, Christmas characters, holiday food and entertainment for the whole family.
You don't need to be a hotel guest to enjoy Christmas at The Princess, but you will need to pay an entry fee and parking.
Christmas at the princess address 7575 East Princess Drive Scottsdale Arizona, United States 85255.
Christmas at the Princess hours
This Christmas event at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess runs seven days a week.
Monday through Thursday the event runs from 5 pm to 10 pm.
Friday though Saturday the event runs from 4 pm to 11 pm.
From December 15th forward the event runs from 4 pm to 11 pm daily.
Christmas at the Princes Prices
There are several ways to enjoy Christmas at the Princess, from being an overnight guest to dinning at one their restaurants or simply by purchasing tickets for the event.
Sometimes there are discounts for Christmas at the Princess where some blackout dates apply.
This year parking fees and ticket fees are separate and prices online are lower than prices on site.
This Christmas event sells out every year, specially the closer we get to Christmas and New Years, so plan and purchase tickets and parking in advance.
Tickets for Christmas at the Princess are $35 per person.
Kids under three are complimentary.
Admission ticket includes the following:
- Access to the Christmas town grounds.
- Train rides.
- Lagoon lights.
- Letters to Santa.
General admission ticket DOES NOT include the following:
- Photos with Santa.
- VIP fire pits.
- VIP Igloos.
- Ice skating.
- Aurora ice experience.
Parking fee is not included. Valet parking is an additional $120 per vehicle and does not include tickets.
Self parking is $35 if purchased online. Parking rate is $45 if paid on property and subject to availability.
This year there is no complimentary admission by dinning at one of the hotel restaurants. Only valet parking fee will be complimentary with a $120 dinning purchase.
Christmas at the Princess early bird prices end on October 31st 2023.
Stay at Fairmont Scottsdale.
Christmas at The Princess is free for hotel guests during their stay.
They will receive VIP wristbands to enjoy the attractions and access the express lane for all rides.
VIP wristbands are exclusive to hotel guests and not available for purchase.
There are light installs throughout the hotel which are sectioned into different areas allowing for different experiences that keep the night fun and interesting.
The first light install you will see is The Enchanted Plaza featuring a Christmas tree has 70,000 LED lights that twinkle and dance to 18 holiday songs.
From the plaza you can head to The Lagoon Lights with more than 6 million dazzling lights. You can either walk through the lagoon fields or take the Princess Express Train.
Food and Beverage
If you are a foodie, this is the place to be! The food and beverage offerings are extensive and everything is delicious!
You can start the day with dinner at one of the three signature restaurants of the hotel; Bourbon Steakhouse, Toro or La Hacienda. You can't go wrong with either but my all time favorite is La Ha.
- Christmas Cookies: A stand dedicated to holiday desserts is an idea I stand behind. Featuring favorites like sugar n’ spice, chocolate chip, gingerbread and campfire pies like apple, cherry and pecan. Make sure to stop by and grab dessert.
- Churro Stand: Yep! Hot and delicious churros covered in cinnamon sugar and filled with caramel. This was dessert for me and loved it!
- The Lodge Alpine Bar and Kitchen: This space features comfort food classics in a casual and cozy environment. Grab a piece of bacon-wrapped meatloaf, loaded waffle fries or cavatelli pasta and enjoy holiday themed cocktails.
Other Things to See and Do
- Twinkle Town: Perfect for the little ones, this space features a mini Glide Ice Slide, Christmas carrousel and swings. You can enjoy food by the fire places and roast some s'mores.
- Ice Skating: The all new ice pass gives guests unlimited access to the two outdoor 6,000 ftsq ice skating rinks – Desert Ice and the *new* Alpine Trail – both made of real ice! $40 per person (skate rental included).
- VIP Igloos: This was such a fun experience! Enjoy the privacy of a covered space with a fire pit for up to 8 guest. Exclusive food and beverage offerings including charcuterie boards and selected wines and cocktails.
Additional experiences like ice skating and photos with Santa must be purchased separately. Highly recommend booking online at Scottsdale Princess.
List of prohibited items
These are items are not allowed at Christmas at the Princess:
• Outside food or drink.
• Professional photo/video cameras or audio recording devices.
• Skateboards, motorized vehicles, bicycles.
• Weapons or firearms, including pocket knives.
• Pets (guide/service dogs OK).
Access starts at 5pm until 10 pm Monday-Thursday.
Friday-Sunday 4pm to 11 pm.
Although the hotel is pet-friendly, for this event only service pets are allowed.