French toast roll-ups are super easy to make and they can add a touch of fancy to your morning breakfast.
How to make French Toast
This recipe starts with a classic french toast. The ingredients you will need are simple:
- Sliced bread preferably a honey/sweet bread
- One egg
- ½ cup of milk or milk substitute such almond or cashew milk
- Vanilla extract
You can omit the vanilla extract if you don't have it or don't like it. Also the cinnamon could be replaced with all spice, apple pie spice or pumpkin spice.
The method is simple, you combine all the ingredients, except the bread, to create batter to dunk your bread slices in.
Then you add the soaked bread slices to a greased skillet and cook it on both sides until golden brown.
How to make French toast rollups
Once your bread slices are cooked and cooled down, it's time to flatten them with a rolling pin.
Once they are flat you can spread fruit jam, Nutella, yogurt, Peanut Butter or whatever it's your favorite spread.
I like to add yogurt and strawberry pieces. Then, you form rolls and place them seam side down on the plate.
Serve with maple syrup and enjoy.
French Toast Roll-ups
- 6 slices of bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ cup strawberries
- Mix the milk, egg, cinnamon and vanilla extract to create a batter
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture and cook on a skillet until golden brown, flip and cook on the other side
- Once fully cooked let it cool down. With a rolling pin flatten the bread slices
- Spread the yogurt on the bread, add the strawberries and roll
- Place the rolls seam side down and drizzle with maple syrup