Making juicy meatballs in the Air Fryer is easy, efficient and delicious. I promise that after you try this recipe, you won't want to cook meatballs any other way.
Juicy Meatball Recipe
The success of a juicy meatball recipe is all about the ratio between lean meat and fat. In order to get juicy meatballs I like to use beef and pork. A ratio of 80/20 for the beef is the perfect combination.
You can use a leaner meat but it will affect the overall result and the meatballs won't be as juicy.
Besides using both beef and pork in your meatballs, there are a few tips that help to keep them soft and juicy.
Avoid over mixing the meat and don't go heavy handed when making the balls. Wetting your hands with cold water before you make the balls, it's a must.
This recipe uses herbs to give the meatballs all the flavor. This is better than dry rubs or dried spices. We use parsley, basil, green onion and garlic.
This recipe uses breadcrumbs, water, eggs and salt. I like to pair my meatballs with homemade marinara sauce but any store bought sauce works well.
Air Fryer Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork Make sure is not pork sausage but ground pork
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- pepper to taste
- in a food processor pulse the parsley, basil, onion and garlic
- add the egg and salt, pulse until combined
- add the mixture to a bowl and add the beef and pork and breadcrumbs
- mix well and form the meatballs making sure you don't press too hard on them
- add them to the air fryer at 325 Fahrenheit for 12 minutes, flipping them half way through
- serve with spaghetti and marinara sauce. Garnish with cheese and basil
Leave a Reply