This Mother Earth's Ranch from Baked by Melissa on TikTok is a new version on the famous Green Goddess Salad.
Why you will love this recipe
In this recipe fresh herbs and cashews are combined in a masterful way to achieve a creamy dressing similar to ranch.
This dressing is perfect for people trying to avoid lactose but who still want a creamy salad dressing.
No matter your dietary preferences or restrictions, this dressing is delicious.
The recipe created by Melissa on TikTok uses the following ingredients.
- Iceberg Lettuce: A whole head of lettuce chopped in small pieces.
- Garlic: A must have in any herby dressing.
- Shallot: It is milder than red onion and gives a great aroma to the dressing.
- Lemons: Lemon juice adds freshness and a hint of tang to the dressing.
- Olive oil: A high quality, aromatic olive oil is perfect to use in this recipe.
- Spinach: When it comes to greens and herbs in this dressing, the more the better. Spinach packs vitamins and iron int his dressing.
- Dill: This is an aromatic powerhouse.
- Chives: This is another mild onion that adds great flavor.
- Green Onion: This one adds a little more of a punchy onion flavor.
- Cashews: They are creaminess to the dressing and bind all the ingredients together.
- Nutritional Yeast: This ingredient adds a cheese-like flavor. It is similar to the Parmesan cheese flavor which would be a great substitute if you don't have Nutritional Yeast.
Tips to make this dressing
This dressing is incredibly easy to make. There is basically no prep and the most time consuming thing is cutting the lettuce.
Using a food processor is your best bet. You can also use a blender to make it.
If you don't have a power blender, try soaking the cashews for about 30 mins in hot water so they blend easily.
If you don't have nutritional yeast, use parmesan cheese instead.
This dressing keeps well in the fridge for up to 4 days. As the day pass by the lemon juice oxidizes and could make the dressing bitter.
To store it, use a glass jar with a lid such as a Mason Jar.
If you make the Iceberg salad with the dressing, consume immediately as the dressing will make the lettuce soggy.
Mother Earth's Ranch (TikTok Recipe)
- Food processor
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small shallot
- 3 lemons
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup dill
- 1 cup chives
- 1 green onion
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chop the iceberg lettuce and set aside1 head Iceberg lettuce
- In a food processor blend all the other ingredients until fully incorporated3 cloves garlic, 1 small shallot, 3 lemons, 1 cup spinach, 1 cup chives, ⅓ cup nutritional yeast, 1 cup raw cashews, 1 teaspoon salt
- Add the dressing to the lettuce, serve and enjoy