It´s Fall season A.K.A Pumpkin season, definitely one of my favorite times of the year. It is time for boots, oversized sweaters and pumpkin spiced everything! Pumpkins are one of my favorite food to cook with, they are not only healthy but they also add a decadent taste to any dish. It makes it easy to turn a healthy, but not so tasty recipe, into a flavorful, rich and still healthy one.
Oatmeal is a staple of healthy cooking. It is perhaps the healthiest breakfast choice when you are looking for sustained energy throughout the day. It is a wonderful ingredient for pancakes, especially when combined with pumpkin for added moisture and fluffiness. This recipe is inspired by Jamie Eason's Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes. It is by far my favorite healthy pancake recipe, I twisted it a tiny bit by adding dark chocolate chips sweetened with stevia and by using Fat Works Pork Lard to grease the griddle. Pork Lard is an amazing healthy fat, highest quality pork fat, from organically raised pigs. It adds flavor to the pancakes and a beautiful silky finish.
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 2 tbsp Xyla Xylitol (Sweetener of choice)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup raw pumpkin
- 1-½ cups unsweetened Califa Almond Milk
- ¼ cup of Lily's Dark Chocolate baking chips
- 2 tablespoon of Fat Works Pork Lard
- Preheat griddle to medium heat, grease with Fat Works Pork Lard as needed.
- Grind the oats and mix with the xylitol, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg.
- In a bowl combine the egg whites, pumpkin and almond milk.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into the griddle.
- Let each side cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pumpkin spiced pancake with chocolate chips Pumpkin spiced pancakes
I devoured these pancakes in a matter of minutes, it was hard to take pictures of them because I wanted to eat them all.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe and stay tuned because I'm on a cooking roll!
***Fat Works kindly provided product to make this recipe possible.