This Rosemary Sweet Potato Bowl is a delicious and easy weeknight dinner. Full of color, flavor and texture, it's one of my favorite dishes at the moment.
To be honest, I wasn't a big fan of sweet potatoes until I tried them at a restaurant, True Food Kitchen. Once I tried their sweet potato hash I was hooked.
I wanted to recreate a similar recipe and I can tell you that I nailed my version of their delicious sweet potatoes.
You only need a few ingredients to make this recipe and the best part is that you can use frozen or fresh potatoes. I love using cubed frozen sweet potato to make it faster.
My favorite toppings to put on my bowl are chicken with fajita veggies and guacamole.
Since I use frozen potatoes, I cook them according to package instructions in the microwave and then I proceed to season them before I put them in the oven.
You can also make these in the airfryer or the stove top. This recipe is really flexible and there is no way to mess it up.
If using fresh potatoes just cut them in cubes and boil them for about 10 minutes. This will shorten the cooking time in the oven and make them more tender.
I like to leave the skin on my potatoes but if you don't like it you can peel them before cutting them in cubes.
Rosemary Sweet Potato Bowl
- 2 bags frozen cubed sweet potato
- ½ small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 Fahrenheit
- Microwave the sweet potatoes according to package instructions. If using fresh potatoes, cut them in cubes and boil them for 10 minutes until they are soft
- Sautee the onion and garlic with 2 tablespoons on olive oil until fragrant for about 2 minutes
- Add the cooked sweet potato, salt, pepper and dried rosemary until all the ingredients are well combined. Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Place the potatoes in a baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on top. Bake them for 30 minutes.
- If you like crispier potatoes, cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Assemble your bowl by adding shredded chicken and guacamole