This Honey Garlic Shrimp recipe is quick, easy and full of flavor. The sauce is made with pantry staples and can be at the table in less than 30 minutes.
For this recipe we used jumbo shrimp but you can substitute for any kind of shrimp you can find.
You can serve this dish with pasta, rice or salad. In this case we used our Instant Pot rice recipe to serve it with.
The marinade for this recipe is super quickly to whip up. All you need is garlic, soy sauce, ginger and honey.
We highly recommend marinating the shrimp for at least 20 minutes. In the meantime you can cook the rice or pasta or chop your salad.
You can also marinate the shrimp overnight for a more intense flavor, but 20 minutes is all you need to make this delicious shrimp.
This marinade is versatile and could be used in chicken or fish as well.
When cooking, you can add some of the marinade to your skillet and caramelize it to create a nice glaze on your shrimp. If you want to keep it light (like we did), skip this step.
Fresh or Frozen Shrimp
For this recipe we used frozen shrimp but we defrosted it in water for about 20 minutes. Shrimp defrosts quickly, once ready we added the marinade and returned it to the fridge until we were ready to cook it.
When cooking the shrimp, keep an eye on your skillet and don’t let it overheat, the marinade could burn and make your shrimp stick to the pan.
Easy Honey Garlic Shrimp
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1 LB shrimp
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a ziplock bag and let them marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat up a skillet with 1 TBSP olive oil over medium/low heat.
- Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes on each side. You can add a bit of the marinade to the pan to create a caramelized sauce on the shrimp.
- Serve with rice, pasta or your favorite salad mix.
- Granish with fresh herbs such as parsley or green onion