These yogurt and strawberry clusters covered in chocolate are going viral on TikTok because they are easy to make and delicious.
Why you will love this recipe
This strawberry bites covered in yogurt and chocolate are the perfect summer no-bake-recipe.
They use only a handful of ingredients; yogurt, strawberries, chocolate chips, sweetener and avocado oil.
Strawberry yogurt clusters are a delicious combination and this recipe comes together quickly.
This dessert is perfect is a kid friendly treat that your children can make with a little help.
Ingredients for strawberry clusters
- Fresh strawberries: Diced into small bites. You could also use whole raspberries, diced bananas or whole blueberries.
- Greek yogurt: I used full fat, plain yogurt. Full fat yogurt is creamier and better for freezing.
- Sweetened condensed milk: This is an incredible ingredient to add sweetness and creaminess to desserts. I also use it to make my homemade dulce de leche.
- Chocolate chips: You can use semi sweet or even dark chocolate if you want. I went all in for this treat and used milk chocolate chips.
- Coconut oil: Helps to thin out the chocolate. Here is an excellent guide on how to melt chocolate.
How to make this recipe
This recipe requires little to no prep. The most important thing is to follow the steps carefully.
First, dice the strawberries into a fine dice. The smaller pieces are better to get the yogurt mix evenly distributed and make the clusters more uniform.
Mix the yogurt and the sweetened condensed milk until fully combined.
Melting the chocolate is key. You need to make sure it is thinned out enough to be able to dip the frozen clusters and give them a nice thin coat.
If the chocolate is too thick, you will need more chocolate to cover all the clusters. If that is the case, don't panic, just melt more chocolate and cover the rest.
You will have some leftover condensed milk, use it to make a dulce de leche caramel and make these alfajores cookies.
Keep these strawberry treats frozen until ready to eat. The chocolate and yogurt will melt quickly once out of the freezer.
Dipping the clusters in chocolate can get pretty messy. Don't worry too much to make them look super neat.
Try to thin out the chocolate enough so you can make a thin chocolate coating. You might need to add more oil to the melted chocolate (1 tablespoon at a time) to make it runnier.
Strawberry Clusters TikTok
- 2 Cups Greek yogurt unsweetened and full fat
- 2 ½ Cups Strawberries small dice
- 5 Tablespoons Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Cups Milk chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado oil or a neutral oil
- In a bowl, combine the greek yogurt with the sweetened condensed milk until fully incorporated.
- Add the diced strawberries to the yogurt mix and fold gently.
- Using a spoon, in a parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet, add the strawberry yogurt mix in big dollops. You should have about 12.
- Place them in the freezer for about 1-2 hours until frozen solid.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips with avocado oil and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir very well, chocolate should be melted but add another 30 seconds if needed.
- Allow the chocolate to cool down slightly, 5-10 minutes.
- Dip the yogurt clusters in the chocolate and coat them completely. Place them back in the cookie sheet.
- Freeze for 1 hour until the chocolate coating is solid.
- Serve and enjoy!