These Big Mac Tacos are going viral on TikTok and they are so surprisingly delicious, you have to try them yourself!
Why you will love these tacos
These tortilla burger tacos combine the perfect flavors of a Big Mac Burger into one of the most delicious and crunchy taco.
You can use any toppings you want and give this recipe your own personal twist.
These cook super fast and make a delicious weeknight meal.
If you enjoy these viral TikTok dinner ideas, check out the Rotel Tacos.
What is a Big Mac Taco?
The original Big Mac is one of Macdonald's signature burgers that was named by Esther Glickstein, a corporate employee.
It consists of a beef patty, a secret signature sauce, lettuce, cheese and pickles.
For this recipe we transform the burger into a taco by cooking the beef patty with a flour tortilla.
Ingredients for tortilla burger
For this recipe you will need just a handful of ingredients.
- Beef burger patties: Use your favorite kind of burger patty. If you use a high-fat ratio beef you might need to drain some fat.
- Tortilla: Use fajita-size flour tortillas.
- Cheese: Cheddar cheese slices.
- Pickles: Use the pickle rounds. I had to cut mine in pieces since I only had pickle spears.
- Romaine lettuce:
- Burger sauce: I use store bought but you can make your own easily.
- Tomatoes: I added chopped tomatoes because I like tomatoes in my burger.
Tortilla burger tacos recipe overview
Here is a quick summary of this recipe.
Start by seasoning your beef patties with salt and pepper to taste on both sides.
Place it on the tortilla and flip it over a skillet over medium-high heat.
Using a burger smasher or a flat spatula press the beef down and cook the patty without flipping it until the meat is fully cooked.
If your burgers are fatty, you can drain some fat off the skillet before flipping the tortilla.
Flip the tortilla over and add the sliced cheese. Cover the skillet and cook until the cheese melts.
Add the lettuce, tomato, pickles and Big Mac sauce and serve immediately.
How to make the Big Mac sauce
The burger sauce is a combination of mayo, ketchup, horseradish, mustard and sweet relish.
There are ready-made burger sauces that go by the name of "Special Sauce" or just burger sauce.
What to serve with these tacos
These tacos are very rich and filling. You could serve them with a side of fresh greens or some French fries.
Or you can just eat them on their own, make sure to fill them up with plenty of toppings to make them a complete meal.
Big Mac Tacos TikTok
- 4 Burger patties
- 4 Flour tortillas Enchilada size
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce Chopped
- ½ cup Pickle slices
- ½ cup Tomatoes Chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Burger sauce recipe follows
- 4 Cheddar cheese slices
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
- ¼ Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Sweet relish
- Season the burger patties with salt and pepper.
- Place the burger patty on the flour tortilla and with your hands press it down to thin it and flat it out.
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, place the tortilla with the meat side down.
- Cook it for about 5-6 minutes until the beef is browned.
- Remove any excess fat from the pan and flip the tortilla.
- Place the cheese on top and cover the skillet for 20-30 seconds until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the heat and place on a plate.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, pickles and the burger sauce.
- Add the mayo, ketchup, mustard and relish in a bowl and whisk until well combined.