Making Dulce the Leche today is easier than ever. With the instant pot you can make dulce de leche in less than 1 hour.
I remember growing up, making Dulce de Leche was a whole-day-type of a task. Way too much work and we only made it over the holidays.
What is Dulce de Leche
Dulce de Leche is a caramel-like sauce made with sugar and milk.
This is a very typical dessert in South America, from Colombia (Arequipe) to Argentina, this dessert is very popular.
Instant Pot Dulce de Leche
The easiest and fastest way to make Dulce de Leche is using your Instant Pot.
The only ingredient you need is a can of sweetened condensed milk and your Instant Pot.
Tips and Tricks to make perfect Dulce de Leche
My number one recommendation is to open the condensed milk and transfer it to a glass jar.
This is going to make the process easier and safer (I’ve heard of cans exploiting).
Make sure the glass jar has a lid. I use a jam jar and it’s the perfect size.
What can you do with Dulce de Leche?
Oh the possibilities are endless! I love eating Dulce de Leche by the spoonful but here are some ideas:
- You can eat it with apples, just like you would do with caramel. I love it with tangy apples such as granny smith or honey crisp apples.
- You can make Dulce de Leche Donuts! This is one of my favorite recipes.
- You can use it as churro dip! Recipe for my loop churros is coming soon.
- A lot of people make Dulce de Leche cheesecake and it looks amazing. It’s on my list to make.
- You can use as cake-filling. I can’t wait to try this!
Intant Pot Dulce de Leche
- Instant Pot
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Remove the condensed milk from the can and add it to a glass jar that has a metal lid such as a jam jar.
- Add thrivet to Instant Pot, place the glass jar covered and add water until you cover a little over half of the glass jar
- Pressure cook on high for 30 minutes and allow 30 minutes of natural release.
- The sauce will be runny and will thicken as it cools down. If you want a darker, thicker dulce de leche, place the jar with the lid in the instant pot again for another 30 minutes.
I hope you enjoyed this easy dessert recipe and give it a try!