This TikTok chicken cobbler features the famous Red Lobster cheddar biscuit mix to make a delicious casserole similar to a pot pie.
Why you will love this viral recipe
This recipe is pure comfort food. It is hearty and delicious.
You can make this recipe in just a few steps, add veggies for more nutritional value and enjoy a complete meal in one dish.
If you love one pot meals that are hearty you will definitely love this recipe.
This creation is inspired by yourbarefootneighbor on TikTok.
You can tweak this recipe to your liking and add your own spin. I tried to follow the recipe as shared on TikTok but will definitely make some adjustments next time I make it.
- Chicken: You can use a rotisserie chicken for convenience. I used 2 chicken breasts I cooked on my Instantpot.
- Red Lobster Biscuit Mix: This will give the top crust to our pot pie style dish.
- Cream of chicken: This will help moisten all the ingredients in our chicken casserole.
- Carrots and peas: A bag of frozen carrots and peas is what the original creator used. You use use your favorite veggie mix. This will also be great with broccoli.
- Milk: Full fat milk to stir our biscuit mix.
- Chicken stock: This will add extra flavor and help all the ingredients cook evenly.
- Butter: to prevent the chicken from sticking to the bottom of the baking dish.
This chicken cobbler comes together quickly. Use rotisserie chicken for an even quicker meal.
Fist melt the butter and add it to the bottom of your baking dish. Layer the cooked chicken and add the bag of frozen veggies.
In a separate bowl, mix the Red Lobster cheddar biscuit mix with the milk and pour it on top of the chicken and veggies mix.
In another bowl, mix the cream of chicken soup and the chicken stock until well combined. Pour it over the chicken mixture.
Follow the steps without mixing the ingredients, just pour and layer them as is. It looks off but trust the process.
What to serve with chicken cobbler
This dish is a meal on its own. You can compliment this dish with a nice fresh salad and you are all set.
A nice fresh romaine salad with caesar dressing or arugula with lemon and parmesan cheese would go great with this dish.
TikTok Chicken Cobbler
- 1 9x13 baking dish
- 2 cooked chicken breast shredded
- 1 bag frozen veggies peas and carrots (12 ounce bag)
- 1 box Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuit mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 can cream of chicken 10.5 ounces (small can)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 stick of butter (113 grams) about 8 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Add the melted butter to your baking dish, layer the shredded chicken and the frozen veggies. Sprinkle the onion powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl whisk together the Red Lobster cheddar biscuit mix (including the seasoning packet) and the milk.
- Pour the biscuit mix on top of the chicken and frozen veggies. Do not stir or mix.
- In a bowl mix the cream of chicken soup with the chicken stock until well combined.
- Pour the mix on top of the chicken, veggies and biscuit mix. Do not stir.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes until the biscuit has risen to the top and it is golden brown.
- Let it cool down for about 15 minutes and serve.