This Banana Milk recipe is delicious and easy to make. Kids love it and it is a great way to use up bananas that are getting too ripe.
Often times I buy too many bananas and they start browning quickly. Although I love making banana bread, sometimes I want to make something easy and fast, this recipe is it.
What is Banana Milk?
Banana milk is a blend of ripe bananas, honey or maple syrup and milk or non-diary milk alternative.
It is a very popular drink in Korea and supermarkets sell it in ready-to-drink presentations.
I love making this drink because it reminds me of my childhood. My mom used to make this drink for me and it was like a healthier milkshake.
Banana milk taste is sweet with hints of vanilla and maple syrup (if you use these ingredients). Vanilla and maple syrup are great to compliment the strong banana flavor.
Ingredients in this recipe
This recipe is really versatile. You can choose how to infuse it with unique flavors, texture and overall enhance the sweet banana taste.
You can make this banana milk dairy-free, nut-free and see-free, which makes is a perfect alternative for some of the major diet allergens.
- Liquid: Use whatever you prefer to blend your banana milk. From regular milk to just water, you can use what serves your lifestyle and diet. In this recipe I'm using oat milk because it is creamy and adds a silkier texture.
- Maple Syrup: This is my sweetener of choice for this recipe. The subtle maple flavor enhances the natural sweetness of the bananas. You can use table sugar, honey, stevia or skip the sweeter altogether.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla adds a delicious hint of sweetness and aroma to this drink and creates and extra layer of flavor.
- Optional ingredients: Nut butters are a great addition to this recipe for added texture and flavor. I recommend plain almond butter for a thicker banana milk.
Why you will love this recipe
This recipe is a great after-school snack. It's easy and kid-friendly, the taste is delicious and it is packed with vitamins and minerals.
Bananas are an excellent source of potassium, which makes this banana milk a great alternative for a post workout drink, I love making this at home for sport nights snacks.
This recipe can be as healthy or as indulgent as you wish to make it. The quantity and quality of the ingredients you use will determine how light or indulgent your banana milk is.
You can drink this milk as is, but you can also add it to cereal, protein smoothies or oatmeal. Some people add boba to it and I bet it is delicious.
Banana Milk Recipe
- 2 Bananas cut in small pieces
- 3 cups Oat milk
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon Optional
- Add all the ingredients jar and blend using an immersion blender until the banana milk is smooth. Or use a regular blender and blend until smooth2 Bananas, 3 cups Oat milk, 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup, 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
Thank you ..I made this recipe with 2% milk added some chunky peanut butter
and ice..it was delicious..
I loved this and will make it often. Blessings
So glad you loved it Estelle! Thank you for trying this recipe.
Love this! So easy to make and the kids love it also
Awesome! So glad you tried them.