This easy Grinder Salad Sandwich from TikTok is delicious and easy to make. It is versatile and you can customize it to your own liking.
This recipe is all about the salad dressing. It is a mayo-based salad with iceberg lettuce, onions and banana peppers.
What is a Grinder Sandwich?
The name Grinder Sandwich is commonly used to describe a hot sub, usually on a hoagie roll that is stuffed with cheese, meats and salad.
This kind of sandwich is popular in New England.
To make this viral recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- Banana peppers: use mild or spicy. In my recipe I used mild.
- Hoagie Rolls: This sandwich rolls look like hotdog buns. I like the sesame seed hoagies.
- Iceberg lettuce: This crunchy lettuce is perfect for this sub because it does not wilt easily when you add the dressing.
- Meats/Cold Cuts: Use any cold cuts you like. I used ham and prosciutto but get creative and use what you like.
- Cheese: I used Swiss and freshly grated parmesan. Use the cheese you like but don't skip the parm.
- Tomatoes: Sliced tomatoes add a nice touch of freshness to this sandwich.
- Red onion: This is optional but if you like onions, highly recommended.
- Mayo: Use any mayo you like, I used full fat mayo.
Why you will love this recipe?
This sandwich is rich in taste and texture. The creamy mayo is nicely paired with the vinegar and banana peppers. The crunch of the lettuce, the tomatoes and onions add a nice layer of texture.
Hoagie rolls are super soft and sweet-tasting which makes them amazing for all the savory flavors going on with the cold cut meats and cheeses.
Step by Step process
First make the grinder salad. Chop the iceberg lettuce and onions and set aside while you prepare the dressing.
For the grinder dressing mix together the mayo, vinegar, banana peppers, onion, salt and pepper, garlic and chili flakes if using.
Then add the lettuce and set aside while you assemble the hoagie rolls with the cheese and meats of your choice.
Split the buns lengthwise and add the meat and cheese, toast until the cheese is melted, then add the grinder salad, more onions and tomato slices and enjoy.
This sandwich is messy to eat but absolutely worth it and delicious.
Check these other viral TikTok recipes including the Green Goddess Salad.
Grinder Salad Sandwich Tiktok
- 1 Iceberg lettuce head
- 1 cup Mayo
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup banana pepper
- ½ cup red onion sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes optional
- 2 Hoagie Rolls
- 6 ham slices
- 4 prosciutto slices
- 4 Swiss cheese slices
- 4 tomato slices
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Chop the head of iceberg lettuce and set aside
- In a bowl combine the mayo and red wine vinegar and whisk until well incorporated
- Add the garlic, banana peppers and onion slices
- Add the chopped iceberg lettuce and combine until well mixed
- Split the hoagie rolls lengthwise and add the Swiss cheese, parmesan cheese, ham and prosciutto
- Toast the hoagie rolls in the air fryer or oven for about 4 minutes at 350F until the cheese is melted
- Remove from the oven and add the iceberg salad
- Serve and enjoy