This Cafeteria Noodle recipe is as simple as it gets. Perfect for a busy weeknight when you need dinner at the table quick.
You can customize this recipe to your taste and needs. You can add protein and veggies on the side of mix them in.
This recipe consists of buttered egg noodles that are cooked in chicken broth until al dente and kissed with a touch of butter.
TikTok Cafeteria Noodles
This recipe was inspired by Carols_Cookin on TikTok and it was quick and tasty. You can serve it as a main dish or a side with your favorite protein.
The egg noodles are cooked in chicken broth and bullion and then mixed in a can of chicken soup and finished with butter.
You can certainly add your own twist by adding fresh minced garlic and herbs for more flavor.
Cafeteria noodles ingredients:
- Egg noodles: These are a type of pasta that contains eggs and wheat. They are affordable and perfect for the buttery sauce to cling.
- Chicken broth: This recipe uses a carton of chicken broth. I like the unsalted broth so I can modify the flavor to my taste.
- Chicken bouillon: In this recipe the "better than bouillon" paste adds color and flavor.
- Butter: I used unsalted butter.
- Fresh pepper: Optional
Boil the chicken broth with a tablespoon of chicken bouillon. Add the egg noodles and reduce to a simmer.
Add the can of cream of chicken and simmer on medium-low heat until the sauce reduces.
Add the butter and mix well. Serve and sprinkle parsley.
- 4 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon Better than bouillon
- 1 can cream of chicken 10 ounce
- 1 bag Egg noodles 12 ounces
- ½ stick butter
- Parsley for garnish optional
- Add the chicken broth into a pan, add a tablespoon of better than bouillon chicken paste4 cups unsalted chicken broth, 1 Tablespoon Better than bouillon
- Bring to a boil and add the noodles and allow them to cook for about 4 minutes1 bag Egg noodles
- Add the can of cream of chicken soup. Bring back to a boil for 2 minutes and remove from the heat.1 can cream of chicken
- Add the butter and stir well½ stick butter
- Serve with herb such as parsley.
Leave a Reply