Cottage cheese is having a moment, and this cannoli dip is the tastiest, protein-packed dessert to make for summer.
Why you need to make this recipe
Cottage cheese is going viral all over TikTok. You might have made the famous TikTok Cottage Cheese Ice Cream and if you loved that, this dip is even better!
This dip is only three ingredients, it's easy to whip up and you can enjoy it immediately. There is no waiting for it to set in the fridge or anything like that.
For this extra creamy and indulgent cannoli dip you only need three ingredients and whatever dippers you want.
I personally loved it with strawberries and Belgian butter cookies.
- Cottage cheese: If you can get your hands on double cream cottage cheese, I highly recommend it. It is extra creamy and delicious.
- Sweetened condensed milk: I love using this to sweeten desserts. It adds a delicious flavor and it's perfectly sweet.
- Mini chocolate chips: These are classic in cannoli filling and add texture to the dip and go so well with the cottage cheese.
How to make cannoli dip with cottage cheese
Cottage cheese replaces the traditional ricotta that is used to make cannoli. Cottage cheese has a mild flavor and blending it gives it the perfect texture for a dip.
This cottage cheese dip is a great protein source and the perfect dessert dip for those that love something sweet.
Use a mason wide-mouth mason jar to add the cottage cheese and blend with an immersion blender.
Add the condensed milk and blend until fully combined. You can use other sweeteners if you desire but I love how neutral the flavor of condensed milk is.
If you choose another sweetener, try to use maple syrup, honey or agave. But truly I think the condensed milk is key.
If you use regular sugar you might have to blend the dip for longer so the granulated sugar dissolves well.
Serve this dip with berries, on top of graham cracker or these amazing Belgian butter cookies.
If you have any dip leftover (doubt you will), store it in an airtight container in the fridge. This dip will hold up for 1-2 days.
Cottage Cheese Cannoli Dip
- 2 Cups Cottage cheese double cream if possible.
- ½ Cup Condensed milk
- ½ Cup Mini chocolate chips
- 1 Pint Strawberries Optional
- 10 Belgian butter cookies Optional
- In a mason jar combine the cottage cheese and condensed milk.2 Cups Cottage cheese, ½ Cup Condensed milk
- Blend with an immersion blender until fully combined and smooth.
- Serve in a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.½ Cup Mini chocolate chips
- Dip with strawberries and Belgian butter cookies.