This easy Easter Brussel sprout recipe comes together in no time and will be a family favorite on your table.
Brussel sprouts are an excellent Easter side dish because they easy to make, flavorful and add variety to your holiday menu.
How to prepare Brussel Sprouts
This vegetable is very versatile, but one of the best ways to prepare it is simply roasting it. This recipe will yield the best Brussel sprouts ever!
You can use the oven if you are making a large batch, but I love using my air fryer to make them. It takes less time and they come out extra crispy.
In this recipe, I cut the Brussel sprouts in half, microwave them and then flatten them and cook them in the air fryer to make them crispier.
This recipe uses just a handful of ingredients, so quality ingredients are key.
- Brussel sprouts: you can use fresh or frozen whole Brussel sprouts.
- olive oil: use a high quality olive or avocado oil.
- Parmesan cheese: Buy the best quality you can afford. Buy a wedge of cheese instead of pre-shredded cheese to avoid unnecessary additives.
How to cut this veggie
For this recipe we are going to cut our Brussel sprouts lengthwise, this way they will be easier to smash and will not fall apart easily.
Brussel sprouts are one of my favorite veggies because they have a long shelf life. They keep very well in the refrigerator for weeks and they are easy to freeze and also last a long time.
Once they are frozen they will keep for months, they are also very easy to thaw. Just leave them at room temperature on the counter for 10-15 minutes and that is it.
One quick tip to freeze Brussel sprouts is to blanch them first. This will prolong their shelf life, will keep their nutrients intact and will prevent bad odor.
Easter Brunch Ideas
For other side dishes and Easter Brunch or dinner ideas check out these other posts.
Easter Brussel Sprout Recipe
- 1 LB Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese shaved
- Place the Brussels Sprouts in a microwave-safe dish
- Add ⅓ cup of water and microwave on high for 5 minutes
- Let them cool down
- Smash the Brussels sprouts with a flat dish. If you have a tortilla press that works best!
- Try to keep the same thickness for all of them to cook them evenly
- Coat them with olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper
- Place them in the air fryer without crowding the basket.
- Cook at 350 F for 10 minutes and flip them. Cook on the other side for 5 more minutes
- Serve and sprinkle parmesan cheese