This Kylie Jenner Sandwich recipe is basically a slight variation on the Grinder Salad Sandwich TikTok.
It a delicious meat and cheese toasted sandwich with a mayo-based dressing that is just amazing and gives this sandwich the flavor and texture that make this sub a hit.
Kylie Jenner Sandwich Ingredients
The ingredients for this recipe are very flexible and you can definitely customize it to your liking. Use the cheese and meat combo that you like the most.
- Bread: The original Grinder Sandwich uses a hoagie roll which is in my opinion, the way to go. In her recipe, Kylie uses a French baguette, which makes the sandwich really crispy and hard to take a bite.
- Meat: In Kylie’s recipe she uses salami and sliced turkey/ham. I also added prosciutto for an extra layer of flavor.
- Cheese: Any sliced melty cheese such as mozzarella is great. Gouda and Havarti are also excellent options.
- Grinder Salad: The secret sauce in this sandwich. You will need iceberg lettuce to get a nice crunch and the mayo-based dressing, onion, pepperoncinis, red wine vinegar and chili flakes.
Tips and tricks to make the Grinder Sandwich
This sandwich is really simple to make but using the right ingredients is key to get the best flavor and texture.
Also layering down the sandwich correctly will be key to making it perfect for slicing and avoiding getting soggy bread.
The first tip is to use a soft roll such as a Hoagie roll. Since we are toasting the meat and cheese first, if you use a baguette (which is already crunchy) your sandwich will be extra crusty, making it really hard to bite.
Don’t skip the red onion or pepperoncini in the grinder salad, they truly work together and the vinegar helps to tame down the onion flavor.
Use red wine vinegar because it has a mild/sweet flavor, other type of vinegar can be too punchy and ruin the grinder salad.
Instructions to make Kylie’s Sandwich
Slice the bread in half lengthwise and put the salami on one side and cheese on the other. Toast them for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
Make the grinder salad by chopping the iceberg lettuce and slicing the onions. Chop the pepperoncinis and slice the beefsteak tomatoes and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine the mayo, vinegar, minced garlic, onion, chili flakes and pepperoncini. Whisk together until fully combined and then add the chopped lettuce and mix well.
Add the grinder salad to the one side of the toasted bread, top with tomatoes and onion (optional) and top with the other toasted slice of bread.
Cut the sandwich in the middle and enjoy immediately.
Once the sandwich is done is best to eat it fresh but if you have leftover grinder salad, it will keep in the fridge for uptown to 3 days stored in an airtight container.
Kylie Jenner’s Sandwich Recipe
- 1 Iceberg lettuce head
- 1 cup Mayo
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup banana pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes optional
- 2 Hoagie Rolls
- 6 ham slices
- 4 prosciutto slices
- 4 Swiss cheese slices
- 4 tomato slices
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Chop the head of iceberg lettuce and set aside1 Iceberg lettuce head
- In a bowl combine the mayo and red wine vinegar and whisk until well incorporated1 cup Mayo, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Add the garlic, banana peppers and onion slices2 garlic cloves, 1/2 cup banana pepper, 1/2 cup red onion
- Add the chopped Iceberg lettuce and combine until well mixed1 Iceberg lettuce head
- Split the hoagie rolls lengthwise and add the Swiss cheese, parmesan cheese, ham and prosciutto2 Hoagie Rolls, 6 ham slices, 4 Swiss cheese slices, 4 prosciutto slices
- Toast the hoagie rolls in the air fryer or oven for about 4 minutes at 350F until the cheese is melted
- Remove from the oven and add the iceberg lettuce grinder sandwich salad dressing
- Serve and enjoy