This Skillet Broccoli Spaghetti recipe is flavorful, light, and comes together fast using simple ingredients.
You may also like this Gigi Hadid Pasta.
Why you will love it
This dish doesn't take long to prepare, and I use the shortcut of cooking the broccoli win the same pot as the pasta.
This combination of pasta and broccoli is wonderful because texture the broccoli ads to the dish. It makes it bright and also very filling.
This dish uses ingredients that are staples in the pantry and freezer.
- Broccoli: Use fresh or frozen broccoli florets. If buying a head of broccoli, cut it into bite size pieces.
- Spaghetti: I use regular spaghetti noodles but you can use Bucatini or Angel Hair pasta. Penne also works great if you want to use short cut pasta.
- Parmesan Cheese: I love to use parmesan with any pasta dish. I think it is the garnish and flavor booster.
- Garlic: To add aroma and flavor to the sauce.
How to make Skillet Broccoli Spaghetti
I boil the water and cook the broccoli for 4 minutes and remove it from the pot and set it aside.
In the same pot, with the same water, I add salt and cook my pasta as I usually would, about 10 minutes until al dente.
Drain the pasta and reserve the pasta water (about 1 cup). This will be the base for our sauce.
Then I sauté garlic with butter in a skillet, add the broccoli, the grated parmesan, the pasta water and combine until the cheese forms a sauce.
Then add the pasta to the skillet and mix until the pasta is coated in sauce.
How to serve this dish
This pasta is a perfect meatless meal that you can pair with a fresh spring salad or some crusty bread.
If you would like to add protein, grilled chicken or shrimp pairs wonderfully with this pasta and will create a hearty yet balanced meal.
Skillet Broccoli Spaghetti
- 2 cups Broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- 16 Ounces Spaghetti
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 2 Garlic cloves Minced
- Pepper to taste
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Add 4 cups of water to a pot and bring to a boil
- Add the broccoli florets and cook on medium high heat for about 4 minutes until bright green2 cups Broccoli florets
- Remove the broccoli from the pot and set aside
- In the same pot, add salt (about ½ tablespoon) and add the spaghetti and cook for about 10 minutes until al dente.16 Ounces Spaghetti
- Drain the pasta and reserve the water
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, add the butter and minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute until the garlic is fragrant2 tablespoons unsalted butter, 2 Garlic cloves
- Add parmesan and pasta water (1 cup)1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Cook for 1 minute until the cheese and pasta water form a creamy sauce
- Add the broccoli and spaghetti and cook for 1 more minute until the pasta is coated in sauce
- Serve and enjoy
Leave a Reply