This recipe for spaghetti with Alfredo sauce has been going viral for a while and it lived up to the hype.
Also known as "million dollar spaghetti", this recipe features a rich meat and tomato sauce layered over spaghetti with Alfredo sauce and baked with mozzarella cheese.
Why you should try this recipe
This recipe is creamy and meaty baked spaghetti and it's total comfort food, perfect for a cozy night in.
This spaghetti casserole is great to feed a crowd and it only needs a salad or some crusty bread on the side and it is a complete meal.
For this spaghetti with Alfredo sauce you need the following ingredients:
- Beef: I used 93/7 lean beef but use whichever one you like. If you use beef with a higher fat content, drain some of the liquid.
- Spaghetti: use your favorite brand and make sure to cook it per package instructions.
- Marinara Sauce: Or your favorite tomato based sauce.
- Cream: The main ingredients of American Alfredo sauce this will create a velvety sauce for the pasta.
- Parmesan cheese: Use fresh parmesan and grate it yourself if possible.
- Mozzarella: Adds a cheesy layer to the pasta.
- Butter: Used to make the Alfredo sauce
- Onion and garlic: To flavor the meat and give it a delicious taste and aroma.
This recipe starts by browning the beef until it is cooked through. Then we add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper and let them cook until tender.
Then add the marinara sauce and simmer until all the ingredients are combined and the sauce has reduced a bit.
In the meantime, cook the spaghetti per package instructions but remove from the stove 1 to 2 minutes early to avoid over cooking the pasta.
Reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water.
In a sauce pan combine the butter with the garlic. Add the cream and bring the sauce to a gentle simmer.
Add the parmesan cheese and remove from the stove.
Add the spaghetti to a baking dish, add the Alfredo sauce on top and add the meat sauce. Cover in mozzarella cheese and bake.
I like to cover the baking dish with aluminum foil so the cheese does not burn, then I cook it for 5 minutes uncovered.
You can make this recipe and customize it to your liking; you could use Italian sausage instead of beef. Chicken and turkey would also work well.
If you don't have mozzarella, any cheese that melts well such as Monterrey or pepper jack would work.
You could use fettuccine instead of spaghetti or capellini for a thinner noodle.
TikTok Spaghetti with Alfredo Sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 yellow onion
- 15.5 ounces Marinara sauce 1 jar
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb Spaghetti 1 package
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 Farenheit
- In a skillet, add the chopped onion and ground beef. Season to taste with salt and pepper, paprika and garlic powder.1 lb ground beef, 1 yellow onion, 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika, ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- Add the marinara sauce and simmer on low while you cook the pasta.15.5 ounces Marinara sauce
- Melt the butter and add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute)3 Garlic cloves, 4 Tablespoons butter
- Add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese and simmer on low until the cheese melts2 cups Heavy cream, 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti per package instructions. Reserver 1 cup of the cooking water.1 lb Spaghetti
- Layer the spaghetti on a 9x13 baking dish, add the Alfredo sauce on top and mix gently until the noodles are coated
- Add the ground beef on top and top with mozzarella cheese
- Bake the spaghetti covered with aluminum foil for 20 minutes and uncovered for 5.
- Mix the baked spaghetti well, add pasta water if needed to make it creamier.
- Serve with basil and more parmesan cheese.