Bake brie with honey is classic combination. It is a great appetizer for any occasion because it's perfectly sweet and savory.
Most of the time the simplest recipes turn out the most delicious. This is one of those recipes!
Brie cheese is a buttery, soft cheese that comes in a white rind. The rind is edible and the cheese melts beautifully.
Why you will love this recipe
This recipe is pretty much hands off. You need little to no prep and the end result is impressive.
You can serve this warm brie with crackers, bread, crostini or fruit. It can be a stand alone meal or a great appetizer.
The combination of soft, buttery, warm cheese and sweet honey is delicious and will be a crowd pleaser.
For this recipe you will need 2 main ingredients; brie cheese and honey.
You can pair this cheese with warm crostini, French bread slices, pita chips, grapes or apples.
- Brie cheese: Found in the specialty cheese section of the grocery store, you can find this cheese in different presentations including a wedge, a wheel, log or this fun heart shape that comes out every year around Valentine's.
- Honey: Use your favorite honey, you can include honey comb if you'd like, it adds great texture and visual appealing to the presentation (add when serving).
- Fruit: Grapes and apple slices are great with this appetizer.
- Bread: Use a French baguette cut into slices, pita chips, crostini or any other sturdy piece of bread.
Tips on how to bake brie cheese
Brie is a soft cheese encased in a white rind. The rind is edible and mild in taste, but If you prefer you can remove it.
To remove the top of the rind, use a pairing knife and cut a thin slice off the top.
To bake the cheese, use a small cast iron skillet, a small baking dish or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper but it is best to bake the brie on a small vessel to contain the cheese that will ooze out.
Serve alongside your favorite toasted bread, fruit, crackers and some nuts for a show stopping dish.
Other recipes with brie
If you love this baked brie, you will love these Fig Jam and Brie Appetizer. Brie is always my go to cheese for any charcuterie board. Check out my Valentine's Day Charcuterie Board.
Baked Brie with Honey
- Baking dish
- 8 oz Brie
- 2 tablespoons Honey plus more for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit
- Place the wheel of brie in a baking dish and top with the honey8 oz Brie, 2 tablespoons Honey
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is softened and oozes out a little bit
- Top with more honey if desired, serve with crackers and fruit. Enjoy immediately
Leave a Reply