This Valentine's Day charcuterie board is the perfect way to celebrate. It is easy, budget-friendly and delicious.
If you decide to stay in this Valentine's Day, make this charcuterie board and make the night feel special.
The best part of all is that you can make this charcuterie board on a budget. You can adjust it to your taste and add your favorite fruits, meats, cheeses and candy.
What you need for this charcuterie board
The beauty of cheese and meat boards is that they are customizable. Here are the things I used to make mine but feel free to put your own spin on your charcuterie board.
- Cheese: Pick one or two cheeses. Can't go wrong with a soft brie and a semi-hard cheese like Gouda.
- Fruit: Strawberries and raspberries are a must for Valentine's Day. You can also add red grapes, pomegranate or any other red/pink fruit.
- Chocolate: You can use your favorite chocolate bar and break it into pieces. Anything covered in chocolate is a great addition to this display. I used chocolate covered cookies and chocolate caramel hearts.
- Candy: Anything themed goes. For this board I used XOXO gummies and heart-shaped jelly beans.
- Meats: I picked only salami for this board but you could use 2 meats. Salami is great to make a rose-shaped display.
What to serve with a charcuterie board
Pair your charcuterie board with your favorite sparkling drink or wine. I highly recommend dry whites or rose for this board.
This board will serve more than 2 people, it is a good size board and could serve 4-6 people if this is going to be an appetizer.
If you will make this board your full meal, definitely recommend adding some crackers, honey and an additional meat like prosciutto.
Valentine's Day Charcuterie Board
- 1 Wood board
- 1 wheel Brie cheese from ALDI
- 1 heart shape Wensleydale cheese from ALDI
- 1 package Salami from ALDI
- 1 package Heart shaped berry cookies from ALDI
- 1 package Strawberries pockies from ALDI
- 1 pint Strawberries
- 1 pint Raspberries
- 1 package XOXO gummies from Trader Joe's
- 1 package Heart shaped chocolate cookies from Trader Joe's
- 1 package Dark chocolate caramels from Trader Joe's
- 1 package Chocolate pretzels from Trader Joe's
- 1 package Heart shaped jelly beans from Trader Joe's
- Open the salami pack and use a wine glass to layer pieces of salami to form a rose.1 package Salami
- Layer the rest of the salami around the board by folding it in half and stacking the pieces.
- Place the brie cheese in the center of the board and use some XOXO gummies to decorate1 wheel Brie cheese, 1 package XOXO gummies
- Place the strawberries and raspberries in small ramekins.1 pint Strawberries, 1 pint Raspberries
- Add the cookies around the brie and then fill in any gaps with pretzels and jelly beans.1 package Heart shaped berry cookies, 1 package Chocolate pretzels, 1 package Heart shaped jelly beans
- Add the heart shaped Wensleydale cheese next to the berries.1 heart shape Wensleydale cheese
- Add the strawberry pockies to a shallow glass1 package Strawberries pockies
- place the chocolate heart caramels in a small ramekin or forming a circle in the board1 package Dark chocolate caramels
- Fill any additional gaps with the chocolate cookies1 package Heart shaped chocolate cookies