These Air Fryer Fish Tacos with Mango Slaw are a fresh and easy recipe is that is ready in under 30 minutes.
I love cooking fish in the air fryer because it turns out moist and flaky.
The wonderful thing about these fish tacos is that there is no breading, making them way healthier.
What kind of fish to use in tacos
For fish tacos the best fish you can use is a flaky fish. I love using cod and halibut in my fish tacos but you can use tilapia if you want.
Salmon tacos are also great but the fish flavor is more intense. If you use cod or halibut, the flavor is pretty mild.
How to season fish for tacos
To season the fish for my tacos, I love to use Trader Joe's taco seasoning, but be aware that is pretty hot compared to other taco seasonings out there.
You can also customize a spice blend (recipe below) but the spices that always work well with fish are garlic powder, onion powder, lemon pepper and a hint of paprika for color and smokey flavor.
I love my fish tacos on corn tortillas but feel free to use flour if you prefer that. I have a wonderful flour tortilla recipe if you want to make them from scratch.
This recipe is great source of lean protein with little to no fat which makes it perfect for most eating plans including low carb, low fat, paleo and Keto.
These tacos are a stand alone meal but you can add some street corn as a side dish, some avocado slices and even some rice and beans.
For toppings I keep it simple with some pickled onions and maybe a bit of hot sauce.
Air Fryer Fish Tacos with Mango Slaw
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound Halibut Cut into 4 filets
- 1 Lemon Zest and Juice
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Avocado oil
- 1 cup Red cabbage shredded
- ½ cup Mango diced
- ¼ cup Tomato diced
- 1 tablespoon Onion diced
- 1 Lemon Juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Tablespoon Avocado oil can use Olive oil
- Mix the garlic powder, paprika, lemon zest and pepper in a bowl
- Drizzled the fish with the avocado oil and rub the garlic powder mixture until well coated
- Add to the air fryer at 350 farenheit and cook for 7-8 minutes until cooked through
Make the coleslaw
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined
- Serve the tacos with warm tortillas and add the coleslaw