Cottage cheese with pineapple is an easy snack or breakfast option that packs a lot of protein.
Cottage cheese is a mild flavored cheese that is rich in casein, a type of protein known for its slow digestion which means it will make you feel fuller longer.
Some people stir clear of cottage cheese because of its texture. It comes in small curds and some people don’t like that texture.
The good news is that you can easily change the texture of cottage cheese and make it into a yogurt-like dip.
What are good fruits to combine with cottage cheese?
Cottage cheese goes well with most fruits. Popular combinations include apples, grapes and of course, pineapple.
You can use fresh, frozen or canned pineapple. When available I love to use fresh pineapple without any added sweeteners.
If you have dietary restrictions, choose low sugar fruits like raspberries or blueberries.
This cottage cheese and pineapple recipe is a great breakfast that is quick, high in protein and easy to make.
This recipe is great for meal prep and can be made in advance. It last 2-3 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
Many cottage cheese brands sell the pre made pineapple and cottage cheese snacks but it is so easy to make that you’d want to make your own.
You will save money by making your own and avoid extra calories from sweeteners.
What kind of cottage cheese to use
In this recipe I used non fat cottage cheese, to keep the calorie count low. This is a great option for a macro-friendly meal.
You can use 2% or full fat cottage cheese if your daily macros allow for it.
Snack options with cottage cheese and pineapple
This recipe is great by itself. You don’t need to add anything extra but if you like options, here are my top picks to take this recipe to the next level.
- On rice crackers: this adds a little crunch and gives you a vehicle to eat your cottage cheese.
- In crepes: This combo makes a delectable crepe filling.
- With oatmeal: this is also be great on overnight oats.
- With granola: add a little crunch with some coconut granola.
Cottage Cheese with Pineapple
- 16 OZ Cottage Cheese One medium tub
- 10 OZ Pineapple chunks Medium can
- 1 teaspoon Chia seeds Optional
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Maple syrup Optional
- In a small glass jar add a layer of cottage cheese and fill it up 3/4 to the rim16 OZ Cottage Cheese
- Add the pineapple chunks10 OZ Pineapple chunks
- Top with chia seeds, mint leaf and maple syrup if using.1 teaspoon Chia seeds, Mint leaves, Maple syrup
- Serve and enjoy immediately