Marry Me Chicken Casserole is a trending TikTok recipe that features broccoli, cheese and chicken.
This recipe went viral on TikTok when Abigailbfrazier said that this recipe is the one dish that sealed the deal between with her husband.
What is Marry Me Chicken Casserole
If you have tried my Marry Me Chicken you will find no similarities with this recipe.
This recipe is very similar to Chicken Divan. It is an easy chicken bake with cheese and broccoli and a crunchy topping.
Why you will love this recipe
This chicken casserole is a comfort food classic. It is perfect for a hearty meal and it will remind you of fall flavors.
If you love creamy chicken dishes, this recipe is for you.
Here is an overview of the ingredients needed for this recipe.
- Chicken: use rotisserie chicken or cook a couple of chicken breast and shred them.
- Butter: use unsalted butter, this allows you to control the salt levels in the recipe.
- Broccoli florets: the perfect veggie ingredient to make this casserole a complete stand-alone meal.
- Cheese: cheddar cheese or any melty cheese works in this recipe.
- Mayonnaise: Use your favorite mayo brand. This add richness and creaminess to this dish.
- Cream of chicken: This ingredient helps bind together the casserole.
- Chicken broth: This is used to thin out the cream of chicken soup and mix the ingredients more easily.
- Savory herbs stove top: this crunchy bread crumbs add a nice touch and flavor to the casserole.
- Seasoning: I like to add a few seasonings to make the casserole better. I like to add some garlic powder, onion salt and a bit of paprika.
If you are using the cooked rotisserie chicken, this recipe comes together in no time.
Shred the chicken and set aside.
Cook the broccoli in boiling water for about 2 minutes. It should be just partially cooked.
In a bowl mix the cream of chicken soup, broth, mayonnaise and cheese. Stir in the garlic, paprika and onion powder.
Assemble the casserole in a 9x13 baking dish. Layer the broccoli, chicken and cream mixture.
Mix until all ingredients are well coated and combined.
Top with the savory herb topping and melted butter and bake for 30 to 45 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Storage and reheating instructions
Any leftover will keep well in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
To reheat, use the microwave in 10 second intervals until heated through.
Marry Me Chicken Casserole
- 2 cups chicken breast Shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cans cream of chicken 10 ounce can
- 3 cups broccoli florets steamed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup melted butter half a stick (2 ounces)
- 1 cup Stove top savory herbs stuffing Can substitute for panko or bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Steam the broccoli florets for about 2 minutes and set aside.
- Combine the eggs, cream of chicken, cheese, mayo, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika.
- On a 9x13 baking dish, layer the broccoli and top with the chicken and cream mixture.
- In a bowl mix the savory herb stuffing and the melted butter and sprinkle the mix over the chicken.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until golden brown.