This TikTok viral whipped coffee is a fun treat for coffee lovers. It only requires a few ingredients that are probably in your pantry already.
This whipped coffee trend was introduced in 2020 and quickly went viral because of the innovative technique and creative results.
This recipe uses equal amounts of granulated instant coffee, sugar and warm water. All you need to do is beat the ingredients together until the mix becomes frothy (foamy).
Ingredients for Dalgona
This coffee is also known as Dalgona and requires just 4 ingredients. Besides the coffee, sugar and water, you will use your choice of milk to blend the foamy coffee before drinking it.
- Granulated Instant Coffee: This is the key ingredient in this recipe. Regular brewed coffee will not work so make sure you are using instant coffee granules.
- Warm water: Helps dissolve the instant coffee and sugar and binds them together.
- Granulated sugar: This ingredient adds sweetness to the coffee and helps create the foamy texture.
- Milk: Serve your dalgona coffee atop your favorite milk. For a silky and ultra creamy coffee, highly recommend using oat milk or cashew milk.
- Dulce de Leche: This ingredient is optional but adds a layer of caramel-like sweetness to this drink which reminds me of a Starbucks iced caramel latte. Check my Dulce de Leche recipe.
- Ice: This is also optional but highly recommended. This drink works well as a warm or iced coffee.
Whipped Coffee Technique
As mentioned before, this drink is simple to make because the ingredients are just a few, however the success of this recipe is in the proper technique.
You can whip the coffee using a fork, whisk, milk frother or hand mixer. No matter what tool you use, to get the results you want, you need to be patient and use some elbow grease.
One of the main issues when making this coffee is that the mix is too liquid and it is not getting frothy. If that happens, a way to troubleshoot is to add a little bit of confectioners sugar to the mix.
Overall, whipping Dalgona coffee takes between 7 to 10 minutes of constantly beating the coffee to make it foamy.
Whipped Coffee TikTok
- 1 Hand Mixer
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Instant Coffee
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Warm water
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Dulce de Leche Optional
- In a bowl mix together the coffee, sugar and water2 Tablespoons Granulated Instant Coffee, 2 Tablespoons Warm water, 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- Mix with a hand mixer on high for 7-10 minutes until the mix is foamy
- Add the Dulce the Leche to the rim of the glass and drizzle the sides2 Tablespoons Dulce de Leche
- Add your milk to the glass and top it with the Dalgona mixture