Marry Me Chicken from is a delicious recipe featuring tender chicken, creamy pan sauce with sun dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
In this version of the famous recipe that has gone viral on Tiktok, I used bacon, wine and basil.
This recipe is really easy and absolutely delicious. You can get creative with the sauce and make it your own.
- Chicken: I used one big chicken breast and split in half. You can also use bone-in or boneless chicken thighs.
- Garlic: Use fresh minced garlic for best flavor.
- Heavy cream: It is the ingredient that gives the sauce the amazing texture. You can substitute it for half and half if you want to save some calories.
- Sun dried tomatoes: These kind of tomatoes are tangy and absolutely delicious.
- Bacon: I added bacon to my sauce to add another layer of flavor, after all, everything is better with bacon, right?
- Fresh basil: I added fresh basil from my herb garden for a pop of color and freshness in this dish. If you don't have fresh basil, use parsley or skip the herbs altogether.
- Wine: I used white wine to deglaze the pan, but feel free to use chicken broth.
How to make a pan sauce
The key to this recipe is to make a delicious pan sauce. This technique is a skill that will help you make many other recipes and different sauces.
Use olive oil and butter to start. Adding the oil and butter together allows us to cook in high heat without burning our butter.
Cook the protein in the oil and butter. Allow a good sear in your protein so it caramelizes and creates the fond, which is the base of the pan sauce.
Use aromatics like garlic, onion, herbs to infuse the oil with more flavor.
The make the fond, deglaze the pan with broth or wine to get the browned, flavor bits from the pan and start the base for the sauce.
In this case we are are making a creamy sauce, so we add heavy whipping cream and we add more flavors with the tomatoes and bacon. If using cheese, this is the time to add it.
Marry Me Chicken Tiktok version
The are a few versions of this recipe on Tiktok. The common denominator are sun dried tomatoes, cream and parmesan cheese.
Most recipes simply season the chicken with salt and pepper, which is enough because you will infuse the sauce with so many other strong flavors.
Some recipes skip the tomatoes and add bacon. I added both because I love the tangy flavor of sun dried tomatoes and the meaty and smokey flavor the bacons adds.
You can store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to two days in the fridge.
To reheat the chicken, place it in a pan and add a splash of milk or cream and re heat over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes.
I do not recommend using the microwave to reheat the sauce because it is a cream-based sauce and it will not have a good texture if reheated in the microwave.
This recipe unfortunately is not freezer friendly. The sauce will separate and will not reheat well.
Marry Me Chicken
- 1 large chicken breast Split in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes
- 2 bacon slices cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup white wine or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Basil optinonal
- Split the chicken breast lengthwise into 2 pieces. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and dredge in flour1 large chicken breast, 2 tablespoons flour, Salt and pepper
- Add the oil and butter to a pan and melt over medium heat1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon butter
- Place the chicken and brown on each side for about 5 minutes until golden brown1 large chicken breast
- Set chicken aside, add garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant2 garlic cloves
- Deglaze the pan with the wine or broth and cook for about 1 minute¼ cup white wine
- Add the heavy cream and sun dried tomatoes. Return the chicken to the pan. Cook on medium-low heat for about 3 minutes until it starts bubbling1 cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes
- Add the cooked bacon and simmer for about 2 minutes. Addbasil if using2 bacon slices, Basil
- Serve and enjoy