This recipe for Pumpkin Cracker Bread popped in my "for you page" and I knew I had to try it.
Dylan Hollis, author of Baking Yesterday shared this recipe on his TikTok and it looked super easy to make and delicious.
If you are in the mood to bake from scratch, try my Pumpkin Bread with Bourbon Caramel.
Why you will love this recipe
This recipe uses graham crackers to replace flour in the pumpkin bread and it adds tons of flavor and a good texture to the final product.
This a great fall recipe that comes together quickly and would be a great baking project with kids.
This recipe highlights the best of fall flavors by using canned pumpkin and the graham crackers add a cinnamon note.
This three ingredient pumpkin bread is topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting that makes it irresistible.
You only need a handful of simple ingredients to make this quick pumpkin bread.
- Graham crackers: For this recipe I used classic graham crackers. Next time I make this I'd use the cinnamon graham crackers for an extra layer of flavor.
- Canned pumpkin puree: Use canned pumpkin puree which is just pumpkin. Do not use pumpkin pie filling.
- Baking powder: This helps in the baking process.
- Eggs: To bind all ingredients together.
- Frosting: Use store-bough vanilla or cream cheese frosting.
Add the graham crackers to a food processor and pulse them until they are powdered completely. You can use a rolling pin also.
In a bowl mix the eggs and pumpkin and whisk well until fully incorporated.
Add the graham cracker crumbs and baking powder to the pumpkin mixture. Use a spatula to combine them until you get a uniform batter.
Bake until golden brown.
To make the cream cheese frosting combine the room temperature cream cheese with the powdered sugar.
Allow the pumpkin bread to cool down slightly before adding the frosting.
This recipe is great for an afternoon cup of coffee or tea. As an after school snack for kids or even as a quick on-the-go breakfast.
This recipe would be great with some toasted pumpkin seeds on top to add a little crunch.
If you are using plain graham crackers like I did, you can enhance the flavor with some spices of your preference. I love using cinnamon and clove (use ¼ teaspoon each).
If you have leftovers, store the pumpkin bread in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
When ready to eat it, let it come to room temperature for 10 or 15 minutes.
Tips to make this recipe
The pumpkin bread turned out surprisingly moist but definitely add a good pinch of cinnamon if using plain graham crackers.
If I made this recipe again, I would use cinnamon graham crackers instead of plain.
Highly suggest using a cream cheese frosting to go with the pumpkin flavor instead of plain vanilla frosting.
Pumpkin Cracker Bread
- 4 Cups Graham cracker crumbs 1 box of graham crackers
- 1 Can Can pumpkin puree 15 oz
- 3 Teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 can Frosting
- 2 Eggs
- Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor or use a rolling pin to make them into a fine powder. You should have about 4 cups.
- In a bowl mix the eggs and pumpkin puree until well combine.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs until everything is well mixed.
- Add to a loaf pan and bake at 350 Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.
- Let it cool down and add the frosting.
- Serve and enjoy.