These Parmesan Crusted Potatoes are currently trending on TikTok for a good reason; they are simple and delicious.
What is not to love about crispy potatoes with a layer of even-crispier parmesan cheese?
If you love parmesan, try my Air Fryer Smashed Brussels sprouts (TikTok Recipe)
This recipe uses just a handful of things from your kitchen and you can add or remove seasonings depending on what you like.
I love garlic so I added 3 cloves of minced garlic to the potatoes, but you can leave them out if you want.
You can also season your potatoes with paprika, onion salt or any other seasoning you have handy. I used just salt and pepper on mine.
As far as the potatoes go, I have seen people using regular size potatoes to make this recipe, but I love the idea of having bite size pieces.
For that reason I used mini yellow gold potatoes because I feel you get a more even ratio of potato to parmesan crust.
This is not complicated at all but there are few tips that you need to follow to have success with this recipe.
In this recipe, using the pre grated parmesan cheese, makes the crust stick better to the potatoes.
I used pre grated parmesan from the refrigerated section of my supermarket and not the shelf stable kind of cheese. But I have seen people using that type of cheese too.
To start, you will cut the potatoes lengthwise. You can score them if you want by doing a grid cut with 2 lines each way.
Oil a baking sheet and sprinkle the parmesan mix on top on an even layer. Place the potatoes cut side down, spray with a bit of olive oil and bake for 40 minutes.
TikTok Parmesan Crusted Potatoes
- 1 9x13 inch glass baking dish
- 1 Lb Golden mini potatoes
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ tablespoon oil
- Pre heat oven to 400 Fahrenheit
- Brush your glass baking dish with about ½ tablespoon of oil
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise and toss in a bowl with the salt and minced garlic cloves
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the glass baking dish. Make sure all the bottom is covered in parmesan cheese but do not try to spread it.
- Place the potatoes cut side down.
- Bake them for about 40 minutes until the parmesan cheese is golden brown
- Remove from the oven, let it rest for 5 minutes and use a pizza cutter to cut squares with about 4 potatoes in them
- Serve with parsley and enjoy