This TikTok Tortellini recipe is a family favorite. It is cheesy, creamy and meaty; a complete meal that your family will love.
Why you should make this recipe
This recipe is quick to make. If you need an easy dinner idea for busy weeknights this is it.
This recipe uses fresh ingredients; tortellini, ground beef, marinara sauce and mozzarella.
You can modify this recipe to your liking. Add a handful of spinach or fresh tomatoes to make it healthier and get more veggies in your diet.
For this recipe you will need a few cooking staples, everything is easy to find at a well-stocked supermarket.
- Ground beef: Use your favorite ground beef, I use lean ground beef.
- Marinara sauce: Use your favorite jarred sauce or make your own, it is pretty easy and tasty. I have favorite marinara sauce recipe.
- Alfredo Sauce: Use a jarred Alfredo sauce to add a layer of creaminess to this easy casserole. I have this amazing Alfredo recipe if you want to make your own.
- Tortellini: I bought the fresh tortellini you will find the refrigerated section of the supermarket. I choose a variety of tortellini filled with ricotta cheese.
- Mozzarella: used to finish this casserole with the perfect golden cheese layer.
- Basil: As a garnish and to add freshness to this tortellini bake.
This recipe comes together in just a few steps. Here is an overview of how to make this tortellini bake, full instructions and recipe quantities are at the bottom of this post in the recipe card.
You will start by browning the onions and the beef. I like to add salt and spices at this point so the beef has flavor.
The next step is to mix the beef and the marinara sauce. While the beef finishes cooking, boil the fresh tortellini accordingly to package instructions.
Lay the cooked tortellini and add some of the Alfredo sauce, the meat sauce and cheese.
Repeat the layering process until you use all the ingredients. Top the last layer with a generous amount of mozzarella cheese and bake until golden brown. Garnish with some basil and serve.
You can make the substitutions you'd like to this baked casserole.
Use ground chicken or turkey instead of ground beef.
Add more veggies such as spinach or kale to this casserole to make it a more well rounded dish.
Storage and reheating instructions
Store any leftovers in an airtight container. They will keep well in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Keep in mind the pasta will keep absorbing the liquids and when reheat the dish might be a bit drier in texture than when it is eaten fresh.
To reheat, use the microwave in the 30 second intervals until warmed through. I usually heat up for about 1 minute.
- 1 Lb Ground beef
- 10 Oz Tortellini 1 package
- 2 cups Marinara sauce
- 2 cups Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- ½ Onion Diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Oil Avocado or vegetable
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit
- Add the oil and diced onion to a skillet.½ Onion, 1 Tablespoon Oil
- Add the beef, salt and pepper and cook until browned. Add the marinara sauce.1 Lb Ground beef, 2 cups Marinara sauce, Salt and pepper to taste
- In the meantime cook the tortellini according to package instructions.10 Oz Tortellini
- In a 9X13 baking dish, add a layer of Alfredo sauce, tortellini and meat sauce. Top with cheese and repeat the layers.2 cups Alfredo sauce, 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- Bake covered for 20 minutes. If you want the cheese a bit browned, broil on low for 1 minute.
- Add basil and serve.Basil