Pollo Asado Chicken Bowl is grilled chicken marinated in citrus and a mix of spices and served with cilantro lime rice.
This recipe is perfect for pollo asado street tacos, salads or rice bowls.
This pollo Asado is coated in a homemade citrus spice rub, then grilled to crispy perfection. I serve it with my quick 10 minute Instantpot rice, pickled onions and avocado.
The chicken marinate is a combination of orange, chipotle, cumin and Mexican oregano. I love to add a bit go garlic powder and smoked paprika to enhance the flavor.
I let the chicken marinate for at least two hours and up to 24 hours. The longer you let the chicken marinate, the better.
You can easily freeze this chicken in its marinade and have it ready to grill. I love doing this when I meal prep.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy to make
- Perfect for meal prep
- Freezes and reheats well
Pollo Asado Rice bowl toppings
To make this bowl, follow the recipe from my Pollo Asado Street Tacos posted below. If you make my small batch intact pot rice, add chopped cilantro and the juice of a lime.
I love to top this bowl with fresh avocado and red pickled onions. I also sprinkled a bit of Cotija cheese.
Pollo Asado Rice Bowl
- 2 chicken breast can substitute for chicken thighs
- 1 chicken breast
- ¼ cup liquid smoke
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 chiles chipotle in adobo chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Blend all the marinade ingredients until well combined (except the chicken)
- Add the chicken to the marinade and let rest for 2 hours
- Turn the grill on high heat (450 farhenheit)
- Grill on each side for about 6-8 minutes. Cook them with the lid closed as much as possible until the chicken its firm to the touch and opaque in the center.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let it sit for 5 minutes before cutting it into bite size pieces.
Leave a Reply